Wednesday, July 15, 2015

And here we go.....

So I've finally gone and done it. After much talk, and little action on my part, the blog is an official reality (and no longer a fantasy that I make obscure references to). For several years now my friends and family have joked that I should turn my shopping, skincare, cosmetic hobby (obsession) into something a little more tangible -- or as my husband would say, legitimate. I'm not sure if starting a blog legitimizes or rather justifies my "hobby" but for now, let's just roll with it.

So this wasn't just born over several bottles of Pinot and late night girlfriend chit chat. It actually all started with a blog, or to be fair, the many blogs I have frequently visited over the years. In my quest to stay up on the current trends I started reading beauty and fashion blogs in my spare time. I also pin obsessively (we'll talk my about that "down the rabbit hole" black hole for my time at another point). While this was all well and good I was noticing that most of these bloggers were flawless women with itty bitty waists -- which was not, well....really, me. Cynical to the core I had a damn difficult time taking beauty advice from a girl almost half my age or a former runway model. Basically, I wanted to get beauty advice from someone who was more like me.

So here I am -- a typical Midwestern woman. I am not a size 2 or 4 or even 8. I struggle with my weight and I hate to diet. I break out, right now my chin is a mine field, I am self conscious about what I perceive are crater sized pores on my cheeks and I am going gray at 33. But I still want to feel beautiful every day. I still want to participate in the current fashion trends (even if I wore them all once before) and if I have to learn the hard way that I shouldn't wear it again, then so be it. I also want to take care of my skin. I know I will age -- granted I will do so kicking and screaming -- but I want to make sure I give myself the best chance of beating father time at his own game -- albeit, on a budget.

So I will share my experiences with the world. I will go in search of awesome products, amazing sales and great finds. I will look for things to make ALL women feel beautiful -- with a little humor on the side.

XOXO - Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment