Saturday, July 25, 2015

Formula 10.0.6 -- It's Back and Better Than Ever!

While perusing my local Ulta about a week ago I snagged some Formula 10.0.6 products that were on special (buy one get one half off). I have been seeing this line pop up on my Pinterest feed pretty regularly -- minimalist packaging, boasting "fresh, natural" ingredients to combat troubled skin -- it is definitely an eye catcher. Always game for the latest and greatest (and less expensive) new skincare product I grab several items that appeal to me (along with several other things). But something is nagging at me, something I can't quite put my finger on. Admittedly it takes me a couple of days but then it hits me -- a bad 90's flashback! Ten-O-Six or rather now, savvily rebranded at "Formula 10.0.6" is now relevant again! Anyone remember Ten-O-Six? 'Cmon ladies in their 30's and 40's don't you remember the adds in your "Teen Beat" magazines? I sure do!

I admit, when I finally put two and two together I was more than a little skeptical. Ten-O-Six just reminds me of a time in my life when I sported a scrunchie, a perm and acid wash jeans -- all things from my past I would care not to repeat. I seriously wondered how this rebranded "blast from my past" would fair on my now, 30 something skin. But for better or for worse Formula 10.0.6 was now in my possession so, what the hell? Might was well try it -- and believe it or not, I have been particularly impressed with their Keep Your Cool Breakout Calming Mask.


If you have been reading my blog then you will know I have been dealing with a nasty case of "chinacne" and while it seems to be on the mend (thank the skincare gods!) I still have a certain amount of redness that tends to linger on forever because I have somewhat sensitive skin. My skin is also prone to redness overall (one glass of wine sets my cheeks aflame!), so yeah anything that promises to reduce redness I'm game for. The Keep Your Cool Breakout Calming Mask includes peppermint and chamomile to clean and calm skin as well as cucumber and coconut to soothe and replenish moisture. It also contains green/gold pigments in the mask to mask redness. So far, so good.

Skeptical as always I tried the mask at first over just my chin to see how it reacted to my angry skin. Well color me surprised when I washed the mask off my chin after 15 minutes and noticed an immediate reduction in the redness around my breakouts. Now, this product did not eliminate my redness completely, but it definitely showed visible improvement without irritating my skin. In my book this goes down as a winner for me.

Well I am shocked, this brand has had one hell of a major overhaul! And it is not all for looks! I tried the mask a couple days later over my entire face to see if it would do anything for the redness that tends to creep into my cheeks and sets up shop there. Lo and behold, after 15 minutes I noticed that the skin tone of my entire face was balanced, calm and noticeably less red! What seals the deal? The price. At $5.99 this mask not only does what it promises to do it won't break the bank.

What I Love: Fresh clean sent, not overpowering or "teen". Skin is noticeably calmer and reduced redness overall. Added bonus -- it's dirt cheap!!

Note of Caution: I got nada! :)

Stay Lovely, Columbus!
XOXO - Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment