Sunday, July 19, 2015

Lush Summer Must Have Products

I love Lush. I first discovered this company when I was living in London in 2003. While there my skin freaked out due to the pollutants in the city and I was at my whit's end with what to do about it. One day I stumbled into a Lush store in the Covent Gardens arcade and I never looked back. If you don't know Lush, you should. Lush is a British company committed to creating organic, fair trade, non animal tested products for your bath and body needs. They are a company that is devoted to being as Green as possible -- you can recycle your pots with them and for every five you turn in you get a free fresh face mask!! This company not only makes heavenly products, they just might be angels themselves!!

Here are a few products from Lush that I swear by in the summer months!


So, summer is here -- and with it my annual summer skin freak out! My otherwise normal to dry skin turns into a schizophrenic oil slick each and every July through about September. Without fail, each year, my face turns into a battle royal between me and these summer blemishes. Lush's Ocean Salt is always on stand by in my shower this time of year. Ocean Salt contains sea salt, grapefruit, lime and vodka to polish away dead skin and junk and suck out the oil in your skin like magic. Avocado oil and coconut oil replenish your skin and seaweed absolute soothes. An added bonus, it smell's like a Margarita!

Why I Love It: Exfoliates, as natural and organic as it get and smells amazing!

Note of Caution: Mix this product before using! The salt (especially on top) is a bit rough so be gentle when using this product.

If Ocean Salt just isn't doing the job I turn to another Lush face scrub/cleanser....


Dark Angels is the charcoal facial cleanser that has been around since before charcoal was "cool". This cleanser/scrub in one uses sugar and charcoal to exfoliate and suck excess oil right out of your skin. Seriously, it's like a vacuum for your face. Dark Angels leaves my skin feeling matte for many hours after use. For those of you that are on the sensitive side, Dark Angels contains Rhassoul Mud to deep clean but also calm your skin. This product also contains Avocado oil to replenish skin after giving it a good scrub.

Why I Love It: Exfoliates, as natural and organic as it get and is an instant mattifier!

Note of Caution: This can make a mess in your bathroom or shower so beware. Again, be gentle when using this product. It can be a little gritty!

Lastly, has the pool done a number on your hair? Is it fried, straw-like or brittle? If this is the case, then Roots may be exactly what you need.


Roots is a hair and scalp treatment (hair mask) that I make sure I never run out of! Although this is a product I keep around "year 'round", I use Roots weekly in the summer to combat hair damage from multiple days at the pool. Extra virgin olive oil and honey hydrate and repair your hair, while fresh mint, peppermint oil and spearmint oil work on your scalp. Sweet Orange oil, grapefruit oil and neroli oil add some much needed shine. My hair is smooth, shiny and bouncy after a 20 minute treatment.

Why I Love It: Smells great and has that tingly sensation that I love! While nothing can truly repair split ends, this product works well to hide them and make your hair look like it hasn't seen the light of day or for that matter, a pool for years.

Note of Caution: (Tip for using) Apply product generously to dry hair from root to tip. I like to massage it into my scalp as well. Rise and follow with shampoo (I like to use Rehab after a Roots treatment and a light conditioner if desired). Style as usual!

Stay Lovely Columbus!
XOXO - Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment