Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Beauty Bender and Sneak Peek!!

A moment of repentance before I begin -- I should NOT be allowed into either Sephora or Ulta unattended! Ok, moment over, now onto my stash!! (Insert classic Disney evil Queen cackle of glee!) Over the last week and a half I have been on an unofficial beauty bender at a couple of my favorite beauty haunts around Columbus -- namely -- the Easton Sephora and the Polaris Ulta. I justify this lapse in good judgement as "research" -- I can almost hear my dear husband rolling his eyes and snorting derisively!

So here is the run down of what I scored and a sneak peek on some items I can't wait to review!!



Sephora: So I am a big fan of Sephora's impulse bins that distract you as you are waiting to check out. One part treasure chest and one part marketing genius, this area allows you to score generous trial sized popular and up and coming items at a smaller price tag. I love this because I can try a bunch of different new and well loved beauty items and decide then, if I want to spring for the full sized item at the full sized price tag. These are not your teensy tiny three day samples -- literally some of these trial size jewels can last me up to a month.

It also pays to chat with the saleswomen about your beauty interests. Take the Amore Pacific Color Control Cushion Compact for instance. It was not currently on the floor at the Easton Sephora (don't know why) -- but after a quick discussion with a saleswoman about my interest in Korean beauty products, lo and behold she was able to pull this little beauty from the back room! At $60, it is a bit of a splurge and the most expensive item that I purchased that day but I am super stoked to try it after I work through my Laneige BB Cushion (available at your local Target). I can't wait to compare the two, seeing that they are basically the same company!

Additional Beauty Scores for Upcoming Blog Posts: Dior Show Mascara (trial sized), Ole Henriksen The Clean Truth Cleasing Cloths: Brightening, Boscia Luminizing Black Mask, Tatcha Polished Classic Rice Enzyme Powder, Belif Choose Your Own Moisture Attack with The True Cream Aqua Bomb, Caudalie Beauty Elixir, Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment Duo and the current 500 point freebie -- The Fresh Box with various sample sized Fresh goodies!!


Ulta: So I went in the other day for ONE thing -- the new Urban Decay Naked Smokey Palette -- and I walked out with, as you can see, much more than just the palette. I get lost in Ulta -- I swear -- it is a black hole for my time and my money. I often stumble out of there, three bags in my hand -- blinking at the sun -- wondering --- what the hell just happened?!?!

Sadly though, I was not kidnapped by aliens, I was just lost down the lovely aisles of Ulta.  I do a lot of my drugstore beauty buying there and the other day was no exception. I picked up  John Frieda Luxurious Volume 7-Day Volume Treatment, which I have been dying to try ever since it popped up on my Pinterest feed. This thing went right into my shower and I am hoping it lives up to it's hype.

I also picked up a bunch of stuff from Formula 10.0.6. The beauty gods must have been smiling upon me today because because they were on special (buy one, get the second half off). It gave me the perfect excuse to try out several of their inexpensive products at an even more reasonable price. I scored the Formula 10.0.6 Pores Be Pure Skin-Clarifying Mask, Formula 10.0.6 Three Times Sublime, Formula 10.0.6 Best Face Forward Daily Foaming Cleanser, Formula 10.0.6 Keep Your Cool Mask. A little spoiler alert -- I have already used the Keep Your Cool Mask a couple of times to fight the red marks left from my most recent acne battle that is raging on my chin and I have been super impressed. Look for my full review of this product very, very soon!

Rounding out my score, I nabbed couple of item from Nip+Fab since they were also on the buy one, get one half off special. This is another drugstore beauty brand that has been getting a lot of press due to endorsements from Kylie Jenner. I doubt any of the products will give me her lips, but hey, the line is sensibly priced and boost primo ingredients so I am game. I could have grabbed them all but the voice of reason prevailed, (Since when do I have a voice of reason?!) I went with my current skincare needs which are fighting acne and then fighting the dryness that is caused by said acne.  Nip+Fab Dragon's Blood Fix Plumping Mask and Nip+Fab Glycolic Fix Overnight Purifying Gel went home with me as well.

Lastly, I picked up a new bottle of the Mario Basescu Buffering Lotion -- I was running low so why not right? :)

So there you have it folks -- for better or worse -- now on the internet for all to see -- my beauty bender! No judging lovelies!! ;)

Stay Lovely Columbus,
XOXO -- Ann



No comments:

Post a Comment